Friday, May 4, 2007

First Days..

May 4..
This day is a memorable one for many of my pals out there... a new day... a new life... a new horizon up there for them to reach. When they return home they will have the pleasure of having spent their first day in office at CTS.
When i am waiting to cherish my first day in workplace, which will happen in exactly a month from now, i went nostalgic thinking about my previous first days...

The LKG day :)
Ah.. I still remember my first day in school. School was RGMS in Udumalpet (for those who haven't heard this place before it is near Coimbatore). The school was far away from the town. It was really big and had really huge grounds. I was not allowed to run in the grounds or enjoy this new place, my mom's hands were firm on me. She was pouring advises rhetorically - that i shouldn't ask for mom, shouldn't cry, listen to teachers,... before she left me in the class (LKG).
There was a lady (i would have called her as 'miss' later :) ) sitting there in the hall, busy entering the names of all the new admissions. There were many kids around me, all dressed up in the uniforms and were crying. 'Oh.. So i too should cry, thats the rules here i guess.' - I started crying. .... Bang.. thats it i don't remember what happened after that. Probably my 'miss' would have pacified everyone there. I somehow forgot what happened after that. But the next day we were split into two sections and i was sent to LKG 'A' where i had my first tutor - Mary ( I still remember her face but she won't be like that anymore :P ).
I spent four years of my childhood there. I still remember the classes i sat, some of the friends i made there, some of the tutors i had.. I wonder if i will ever see them again..

In a never before zone
Now this time it was in Coimbatore,Suburban Matriculation School. As the title suggests I was up for a really new experience.
I was here after discontinuing the classes in RGMS after the first couple of weeks. My father had got a transfer to Coimbatore. Before admission, I was told to write a small test and I failed in all the three subjects (English, Tamil, Maths) scoring single digits :P. Princi had given me tonnes of advises that I will be kicked out if I don't perform well.
First day - I was late and this being my first day i was let off (Others were made to stand outside the class :) ). Now, I was looked like an alien who had just jumped from mars. I went to the last bench that had the tallest and strongest guys in the class (Pupil are seated according to the heights). Got my first friend in Krishnan, who was huge but was really good. We spent the first two hours talking introducing ourself and I was slowly getting used to the new environment.
During the recess break, everyone surrounded me. Introductions were done. And i already had a couple of guys getting into my head and annoying me. I was invited for a wrestling ( WWF, now the WWE was in its early stages then :) ) during the lunch session. 'Oh my god! I am not here to fight'. But i was forced to - lost the battle and Krishnan saved me in the end (Remember he is huge :) But later i made for it with a rematch :P )
The day went with my new tutors assigning loads of works (since i joined after nearly a month) and was rather a forgetful one.
Anyways... I made a lot of friends soon and my reign started when the 'First Mid Term tests' began in a fortnight from then. The princi and my tutors were impressed so were my new friends :) And from then on it was one memorable journey that I always look back with lot of satisfaction.

These memories will linger in my mind forever and I will never forget those. The next post will be on my first day in college, which has made me what I am now.
Will meet you all soon..
Bye.. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey cool posts!!And u could always become a movie critic if u ever become bored of computers(i know thats not possible at least for the next 100 years :P)

    ReplyDelete